I have a client located in Wayne, PA who is looking for a Data Architect.
This is a permanent position.
- Work with cross-functional teams of business and technology stakeholders to fully comprehend documented business requirements and ensure that new and existing information assets are identified, stewarded, and leveraged across the enterprise
- Analyze business requirements and define information systems data solutions (source to target data mapping, data lineage, data validation, and transformation rules) to address complex business needs
- Translate business requirements into usable information architecture which may include an enterprise data model, metadata, common business vocabulary, ontology, taxonomies, etc.
- Guide enterprise solution development and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio
- Assist in the development of and maintain a metadata management and repository strategy to manage all enterprise information architecture project artifacts
- Leverage data integration tools (Informatica or comparable) to profile data and to improve data quality and accuracy as well as reduce software defects
- Generate and present schematic diagrams to convey design concepts and details to multiple recipients including but not limited to, business partners and technologists
- Provide accurate and substantiated design effort estimates for assigned projects
- Oversee consistent on-time delivery of quality deliverables that meet agreed upon plans
- Enforce data architectural standards; establish and maintain best practices; and drive the principles throughout the systems delivery lifecycle
- Undergraduate degree required in Computer Science, Information Science, or similar field
- 5-7 years of work experience in data modeling, systems analysis and design
- Hands on experience in the development and design of functional and non-functional technical specifications for complex systems
- Deep knowledge of the data standards and contemporary architectural principles
- Command of enterprise architecture to ensure ongoing alignment, driving the technical roadmap for key applications and platforms
- Experience with enterprise integration applications or techniques a plus
- Experience with analytical tools and Business Intelligence tools and visualization (Tableau)
- Working knowledge of relational databases (RDB) and RDB design with the ability to create and read entity relationship diagrams
- Familiarity with different SDLC Methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata
- Experience with Big Data and Cloud architecture