I have a client located in San Antonio, TX that has an immediate need for an Electrical Systems Designated Engineering Representative (DER).
The Electrical Systems DER is responsible for finding compliance in engineering designs in support of STC Projects for both Air Transport and General Aviation Aircraft. In addition to project accountabilities, responsibilities also include leading other members of the assigned project engineering team, planning and organizing. If you or anyone you know is qualified or interested in the position listed below, please click “Apply Now”
The requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and six (6) years direct industry experience related to Avionics Systems Integration; or ten (10) years’ experience in design and certification.
- Knowledge of local and foreign Aviation Regulations (FAA, EASA, etc).
- Must possess knowledge of avionics systems, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware and proper applications in design.
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and be able to work under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A minimum of four (4) years of specialized experience specific to Avionics Systems Integration Engineering and Certification.
- Complex reading and writing, analyzing, perception/comprehension skills. Excellent judgement and decision-making skills required.
Daily duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as liaison between company, the customer, contract DER's, and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to maintain compliance with applicable regulations and policy for airworthiness and type certification.
- Coordinate all certification activities with all applicable branches of the FAA and military. (ACO, MCO, MIDO, etc…)
- Coordinate and review reports to support certification activities such as Project Specific Certification Plans, Test Reports, etc. Coordinate and submit all type design data, analysis, plans and reports to the FAA and military authorities.
- Show compliance with the applicable FAR regulations per the agreed upon PSCP for each project.
- Obtain FAA approval as required and confer and/or correspond with FAA to keep company management aware of status of projects for approval with FAA
- Maintains strong long-term relationships with existing clients.
- Monitors program milestones and program status.
- Prepare engineering cost estimates and kit definition in support of sales proposals.
- Provide advice to sales and marketing personnel.
- Directly support project activities by participating in design reviews, coordination with the FAA and/or any other foreign authorities.
- Approve engineering documents and witness tests on behalf of the FAA, when compliance is shown. Provide guidance and advice when compliance is not shown.