I have a client located in Houston, TX that has an immediate need for an Electronics Technician. If you or anyone you know is qualified or interested in the position listed below, please click “Apply Now”
The requirements for this position are:
- Possessing or finishing an Associates of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or related field, or vocational degree, or 5 years of related work experience
- Experience in electronics manufacturing or technical service is desirable
- Strong electromechanical assembly skills
- Experience and familiarity with microprocessors and microcontrollers
- Must have a U.S. Passport or ability to get one for international travel; 25% annual travel
- Physical requirements include sitting, stand, walk-up & down stairs, kneel or crouch, reach with hands and arms, lift 40 lbs. with or without a hand truck, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Experience with PCB testing repair and upgrades is a plus
Daily duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support for customers, sales representatives and field technicians.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving remotely by phone, internet, email and on-site.
- On-premise installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment. Training customers in the applications, usage, and basic maintenance of the equipment.
- Assist in production and final testing of equipment.
- Conduct equipment demonstrations in factory and on- site.
- General electrical safety and grounding fundamentals. Basic understanding of power management and motor controls and connections.
- PCB test, repair and upgrades.
- Electronic component assembly and wiring.
- Familiar with microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Use of power tools, drill press, band saw and standard shop hand tools.
- Issue, maintain and update related documentation.
- Other duties or projects may be assigned as necessary.