The right candidate will find solutions to process problems / recommending process modification to reach quality and efficiency targets. Expectation will be to evaluate the product / the flow of the product / reduce scrap material usage (heavy steel) / evaluate the machinery being used.
This is approximately a 5 month contract and should go permanent for the right candidate. My Client is located is approximately 25 miles West of Rockford, IL.
No H1B Visa's or OPT's will be accepted. Only U.S. Citizens, Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders should apply.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or a general business degree, preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience of manufacturing process engineering experience
- Experience in either Fabrication, Brake Press or Tooling Facility, required
- Robotic and Hand-Welding knowledge, a plus
- AutoCAD - working knowledge
- Production Maintenance knowledge, a plus
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
- Strong background in continuous improvement / lean manufacturing / six sigma, Green or Black Belt, a plus
- Identifies projects to improve the overall utilization of material, labor/overhead
- Coordinates/drives CI / Production process refinement efforts
- Develops/recommends equipment specs, performance requirements, cost analysis for integrating machinery / equipment into mfg process / Job Instructions / Setup Instructions
- Develops / maintains routing standards, work instructions, and quality check points
- Conduct process simulations, modeling and Motion (sequence) studies to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- Candidate must be results-focused w/prior experience in a work environment focused on objectives, expectations, performance measurement & accountability
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work independently and under time constraints
- Some previous management experience, preferred
- Strong leadership skills w/demonstrated accomplishments in process improvements.