I have a client located in Northern VA that has an immediate need for an Mechanical Designer using Inventor.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- AutoCAD expertise producing two-dimensional shop drawings.
- Autodesk Inventor/Vault expertise in producing three-dimensional models and shop drawings synthesized from design and engineering documents, including Architectural, Structural, and MEP.
- Candidate should possess knowledge of Bills of Material and material properties. Must be able to demonstrate strong drafting skills.
- Must be able to work creatively, perform self-directed product research, and provide workable solutions to highly imaginative design challenges with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with team members and outside professionals.
- Experience in exhibits fabrication, trade show fabrication, architectural millwork, high-end cabinetry or interior build out is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with shop fabrication techniques, equipment, and processes a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, required.
- Minimum of (3) years AutoCAD experience using recent releases; minimum (1) year Autodesk Inventor experience using a recent release, including demonstrable experience in modeling and producing shop construction documents in a networked production environment.
- Trade School or an Associate’s Degree in related field.
This is a contract to possible hire position and pay will be based on experience level.