I have a client located in Wayne, PA who is looking for a Procurement Specialist/Buyer.
This is a Permanent position.
• Responsibilities for indirect spend and commodity purchases to support sales, marketing, administration, transportation, administration and assorted other departments to support and develop our business.
• Partner with internal and external customers to drive quality, price and service in the procurement of goods and services in support of the business
• Develop market intelligence and negotiating strategies at global, regional and national and regional levels. Strategies should be inclusive of RFP's, single source negotiations, clean sheets and leverage scale of business.
• Reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, process and acceptability of items to specifications.
• Works with existing supply base to continually improve their overall performance; delivery, quality, lead-time, customer service, etc.
• Drive cost reduction by development and implementation of suppliers and buying strategy
• Advise management of market conditions and supply base activity, which could affect quality, delivery, or price considerations critical to company success.
• Capital equipment procurement experience.
• Establish long term pricing with suppliers in support of objectives and program profitability expectations.
• Lead supplier performance meetings to review quality, cost and opportunities for improvement. Maintain data and conduct Supplier reviews with management.
• Conduct work order reconciliation and open purchase order review meetings with Planners.
• Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
Requirements for this role include:
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in Supply Chain Management (procurement or buyer) together with outstanding core Procurement skills such as negotiation, creation and analysis of bid packages,
• Excellent Knowledge and use experience with Oracle or similar operating systems
• Experience of process improvements
• Business partnering mindset
• Spanish speaker is highly desired
• Excellent computer skills including the Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word, Access, PPT) • Detail-oriented project management skills and timely follow-through to meet deadlines
• Experience improving Procurement processes, implementing new Procurement procedures, and track record of new ideas that improved Procurement efficiency and systems
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• CPM or CPIM is preferred but not required
• Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, or Business Management.
• Procurement certification (C.P.M./CPSM. CCCM, or CTPE designation) is preferred