I have a client located in Hardin County, OH who is looking for a Quality Engineer.
This is a permanent position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, implements and follows up on root cause and corrective actions (RCCA) in response to product rejected in house and product rejected by customers.
- Hosts audits from customers and from regulatory agencies (Federal Aviation Administration, AS9100 registrar, etc.). Develops, implements and follows up on RCCA for findings resulting from these audits.
- Performs Over Inspection as a Designated Supplier Quality Representative (DSQR) by performing dimensional inspections, reviewing documentation, reviewing test data and Material Review Board (MRB) dispositions; submitting data by method specified by customer (website, etc.), operating scanning equipment for 2D marking, etc.
- Reviews and interprets customer Quality Requirements to develop and implement systems as needed to ensure compliance.
- Manages First Article Inspection (FAI) system. Provides methods and tooling for inspection; obtains certifications from suppliers and writes FAI reports in accordance with AS9102.
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology required. Bachelor of Science (4 year) degree in an Engineering major is preferred. Prefer CQE per ASQ.
- Experience writing programs for Brown & Sharpe Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) using PC-DMIS software is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and ASME Y14.5 preferred but not required. Experience developing, implementing and troubleshooting alternate inspection methods preferred but not required.
- Experience in developing and implementing Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) preferred.
- Working knowledge of the ISO Quality Standard preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard manual inspection tools (surface plate & height gage; vernier calipers & micrometers; plug gages; thread gages etc.) preferred.
- Experience as a Designated Supplier Quality Representative (DSQR) for one or more major aerospace contractors (General Electric, Pratt & Whitney, Lockheed, etc.) preferred. TTS will provide training and certification as required.
- Experience authorizing dispositions as a member of a Material Review Board preferred.
- Demonstrated experience writing First Article Inspection (FAI) reports preferred.