The Resident Engineer's daily responsibilities and tasks will involve construction inspection, documentation of construction activities, communicating with contractors, interpreting designs and specifications; preparation of daily inspection reports, measurements, and preparation of estimates.
This is a Permanent opportunity for the right Candidate. My Client is located approximately 5 miles Southeast of Hoffman Estates, IL.
- Bachelor's Civil Engineering, required
- PE - State of Illinois, required
- Previous project experience with IDOT, Illinois Tollway and/or Chicago-area municipalities, desired
- Working knowledge of PCC / HMA roadway construction, bridge, culverts, retaining walls, storm sewer, water main, sanitary sewer construction), required
- Strong oral / written communication skills - working on a team environment, a must
- Experience using IDOT's tracking system - ICOR, a plus