TechniPower is working with a client that has an immediate need for a Sr. Piping Designer for a company located in the Bay Area. Below is some information regarding the position:
- Draft PFDs, P&IDs, equipment layouts, piping layouts and generate BOM under the direction of a supervising engineer.
- Prepares shop/detail drawings and as built drawings
- Integrate in master model and coordinate the plumbing and other trade i.e structural, piping, duct, electrical & interior design using NavisWorks Manager.
- Design constraints, materials of construction, manufacturing methods and codes as applicable
- Produce preliminary bid drawings and conceptual drawings
The Piping Designer will design, draft and detail projects that include sketches, 3D modeling, detailed drawings, and shop drawings.
This is an estimated 6+ month contract that has the possibility of going permanent for the right candidate OR this could be a direct hire for the right candidate.
***This candidate must be a US Citizen, Green Card Holder, or Permanent Resident. No OPT/C2C/H1B***
- Mechanical piping design and shop drafting experience mandatory (2 years minimum)
- Experience with piping, tubing, fittings, valves, filters, and regulators
- Experience with gas handling systems
- Experience with ASME Codes
- Prior experience with Siemens Teamcenter, Solid edge, Navisworks is a plus
- Proficiency with CAD Software tools such as AutoCAD MEP, AutoCAD plant 3D, AutoCAD P&ID