I have a client located near Galena Park close to Houston,Tx, looking for a solar engineer. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Ability to juggle competing priorities of different projects in varying complexity and urgency
- Fluency & practical application in Design & Engineering of AC Switchgear
- Experience in product listing through UL or ETL would be a big plus (be familar with UL codes).
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Have an electrical engineering background.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering and 2+ years of experience.
- Solar background a plus but not a must.
- Electrical Distribution background.
- Breaker knowledge – shunt trips, under voltage release, trip types and voltages (LI Long instantaneous) ( LSI long short instantaneous) (LSIG long short instantaneous ground fault)
- Well-versed in DAS system components, and monitoring equipment
- Ability to read and understand PV system single line DWGs
- Fuse Deration calculations
- Familiarity with NEC code, UL1741, UL508A
- 2+ years Panel board experience (UL508)
- PV Calculations (Isc, Fuse/Breaker sizing)
- Interrupt rating calculations
- Branch circuit design
- Incident energy calculations
- Spatial awareness ability
- Bus bar current/temperature/sizing calculations
- Mechanical strength/loading analysis
- Design Programs – SolidWorks, AutoCAD
- Knowledge of General Electronics, Controls