You will work as a Sr. Mechanical Engineer involved in product design -- concept to production of precision parts, components and complex assemblies that are used for liquid and gas handling products and related equipment. In this role you will be involved in Design for Manufacturing and use VAVE skills to meet product costs and objectives.
This is a DIRECT HIRE PERMANENT position with a world class company located near Oakland, CA.
- Mechanical Engineering degree, BSME or MSME
- 10 years experience, although less may be acceptable if they can demonstrate the required skills and capabilities
- Product design experience from concept to production - ideally with precision machined parts and assemblies with tight tolerances and high levels of product reliability
- 3D CAD and modeling experience, INVENTOR, SOLIDWORKS, PRO-E/CREO or similar
- Demonstrated abilities to work with a cross functional team and customers
- Design for Manufacturing and VAVE skills with demonstrated ability to achieve product cost objectives
- Experience with formal product development process (stage gates, FMEA, design reviews, etc.)
- Strong engineering fundamentals/capabilities including performing engineering calculations, understanding impact of design changes/decisions and ability to technically justify them
- Ideally experience with valves, regulators, liquid and gas flow equipment, semiconductor, automotive experience
- Ability to multi-task projects/assignments in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills